We went to see Devin's Ortho doctor Tuesday. Thanks to our wonderful Care Coordinator Nurse Kristi, we have a projected date of about 6 months for the current splint. They are very happy with his hips. They are very stable but Dr. Winterstein is hoping that the longer she can keep them stable now, the longer they will stay stable. Because of muscle imbalance in children with Spina Bifida, the hips can become unstable later. We have graduated from going to see the Ortho every 2 weeks to every 2 months (yeaaaaaaaa)! I will try to post some fun pictures in the meantime.
3 comments:
Amazing - thanks for the update Pam!
Hey Pam!
I hope things are going well for you and your family. I miss you. Feel free to email me anytime....I am in your address book!
-Hugs-
shanon
Thank you for the letter in the mail. It is wonderful to hear from you. I am shocked with all you have been through this past year. I am sorry I did not know before now. I will remember to keep you in my prayers. You are often in my thoughts as I remember Winona. You were one of my favorite friends. I do regret not staying in better touch. My girl has a webpage on caringbridge.org. Just go to ceceliadevries and press go. When she was three months old we went through lots of doctor visits. Not nearly as much as it sounds like you have, but enough to be overwhelming. Things are going good these days for all of us. I enjoyed your blog. I thought the pictures were so special and adorable of your new baby. Of course I will always feel partial to Cooper. My how he has grown! Your girl is very cute, too. Pam, you are stll as lovely I as I remember. I am proud of you for knowing so much and researching. You have taught me more and I would love to hug you and cry with you. I pray for your baby's health. I admire your upbeat words and want you to know you can call me if you need to talk, Pam. 507-438-1036. Missing you deeply, Regina DeVries
Post a Comment