Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sorry it has been a while since I posted up-dates. We've been trying to figure out what foods to give Devin to keep him regular on the other end and I figure you probable did not want those details.

Devin now has 2 bottom teeth and we have found some baby foods that he likes as well as some other "Graduate" foods he enjoys feeding himself. Of course, he would really like to be eating what we are eating.

Birth to 3 (a county service) has really been helpful in letting us know what we should be doing to encourge Devin with movement. We are trying to get him more interested in tummy time so that he figures out that he can move by rolling or "army" crawling.

We did see the Ortho doctor about 3-4 weeks ago and we go back to see her in mid-June. She is still pleased with Devin's hips but wanted us to continue with the splint with 4 hours of freedom a day. She did mention something about AFO s(ankle, foot orthics) last time but I never count on what she says until she is in the process as her plans seem to change.

Kids with Spina Bifida generally do get some kind of foot orthic and sometimes it also includes the knee and/or the hips depending on the individual child. As I understand it, orthics and/or some kind of standing device is probable the next step for Devin from an Orthopedic stand point.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Pam! THis is Shanon (from mops). I hope things are going well for your family! Feel free to send me an email anytime. I miss you!