Friday, March 20, 2009

19 months later... Before... and After




Amazing... 19 months later, and look at my teeth! Today Mom and I went over to Mankato and got my braces taken off - it went really fast! Was it worth it? Yes! I went through much pain and suffering and frustration - and a point when I just wanted them off - NOW!! I remember laying in my bed thinking - "I will never make it"... and here I am, towards the end of my journey. I really thought I would NEVER get them off - they had become a permanent part of me. The after picture is with my clear retainers in... and they are also an adjustment so far. I am not sure how much I like them. I am not supposed to eat or drink ANYTHING with them in except water - so a quick little drink here or there, or a little snack here or there, I will have to take them out if I do not want them stained. I need to wear my retainers 24-7 now, and I plan on wearing them for the rest of my life at night to keep this new smile. My first reaction when I looked in the mirror - "Those are my teeth?!!??"- they looked like someone else's. Another amazing coincidence - Leah also got hers off this week Monday also! Two of us in one week!
WHOO HOO!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Dar I cant believe we both got our braces off the same week!! Your teeth are so straight now, i think it was worth the 19months of pain for that perfect smile. I can't wait for Easter to see them up close in real life.

love you,
LEah

Anonymous said...

Wow look at Julia Roberts with the new 'choppers.' Way to go, Dar!