Friday, April 15, 2011

The End of an Era

Today was an end to an era... both big trees in the front yard were cut down.  As you can see, it looks a lot different...  I have to admit I had a few tears in my eyes as Dad's ash tree came down.  I shed not one tear about that maple though - it was ready to start causing some major havoc to the lawn.  The after picture looks like a picture that someone must have, of Derek on his bike in front of the house right after the tree was planted... ( Derek - do you have that picture?)  Or does anyone else have a picture of the early house? Please share if you do...  So, time for moving on...  too many roots from both trees were pushing up into the grass and moving concrete.  Now when we do the main sidewalk with pavers this summer, they will stay in place.  Plus, every storm that came through, we were paranoid the tree would end up on the house.  It came down a lot faster and easier than I thought it would... I came home from school to see the action and take a few pictures.  They also ground up the stumps - it looks like a crater hit our lawn... and he will come back in a couple of weeks to fill them with black soil - then we will plant grass for now.  They did save a couple of "cookies" from the stem of Dad's tree - and we have a branch.  They also cut down a small plum tree in the back, the one that you could see from mom's bedroom window. 










No comments: