Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day #5



Today was quite the day again... more progress on the steps and they tore out the front dinette area of the sidewalk. When they tore out the cement slab in front of the living room step, the step came with, so Tony is going to build a new one. Mike, the carpenter, came by this morning and fixed the board under the kitchen door. $60.00 later...22 dollars for the supplies, and 38 dollars labor. There is a picture of the crew working, Krista, on the left, is going to be a 3rd grade teacher at St. Anthony's here in New Ulm, Tony is in the caterpillar, he is the owner of River Creek Nursery, I graduated from high school with him, and Steve, is on the right. Look how they left their cans today, in the bush. I made them cupcakes this afternoon and used Santa liners, and told them it was Christmas in July, so they decorated the bush in back. Funny. You can also see how the roots above ground got damaged when they pulled out the planter footings and sidewalk in front of the dinette window, Tony said the tree would be fine, I hope so, I would be so sad to see that tree go, we get a lot of shade from it. Also, you can see how beat up our lawn is from the construction. In addition, you can see the pallets on the front lawn; each one holds 27 bricks, so I could do the math of how many pounds of brick are in the wall. Until tomorrow... rain is forecast, so we will see if any work can be done.








No comments: