Friday, August 26, 2011

3 out of 4 ain't bad

 Out of the soffit must have dropped this blast from the past...  Anyone remember this little treasure?  I vaguely remember it...

Well, they have 3 out of  4 sides of the house done...  but can't move fast enough for me.  They are here pounding at 7 am until 5 pm and hanging around outside our windows... but overall they are doing a good job.  It is great to see the soffits open - they were tightly closed, trapping heat in the summer and creating ice dams in the winter.

They also pumped up the outside corner of the front porch - not sure if you can tell how the top of the railing is not hitting the rafter anymore... it has settled pretty bad... it was a really creepy sound when they pumped it up - a cracking sound that I thought the inside ceiling would crack.  Looking at the picture of the house from the front, the top of the house does look really straight now.

I am not sure why they have completely left the power side... maybe waiting for the city?
Maybe keeping the worst part for last?

I also do not know if they will be working tomorrow... the guys put in 10 hour days with very few breaks.

Well, I will keep you posted... there is a wagon of siding in the back yard.  





No comments: