What a job - mom and I have been working on staining the new wooden front doors - it took us 4 1/2 hours on Sunday just to stain, and then I gave them two coats of polyurethane today, probably a total of about 3 hours worth. Can you tell which pieces go with each door? Can you tell which will be the front door vs. the side door? Looking at the pictures of them... they look kind of antique. We hope we like them on the house.... They are kind of retro - like the cross buck doors that we used to have... only updated for the new century.
As you can see by the pictures... they got the remaining side of the house prepped for siding, and if you look close at the other pictures, you can see the corner boards by the living room window and my bedroom window that I painted last week. I was talking to Ken, our neighbor, Saturday night, and he commented on how solid the house was built - he noticed the rafters every 16 inches, which is a lot I guess. That was good to hear... He also said he really liked the new window instead of the patio doors. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that... It continues to be a huge mess... and I really hope with all of the nails around that mom's car or my car does not find one of them with our tires....
No comments:
Post a Comment