Happy Friday! Mom and I painted the cement part of the house... and you can see how much better it looks! A million times better! We are thinking about giving it a second coat on Sunday because it has been so long since it has been done. The paint was mixed to exactly match the siding, which is really awesome - so if I see a flaw in the siding, I can use the paint brush to cover it. Loren and his crew only were here for 1/2 day, so they did not make much progress. They built the porch soffit and secured the railings. Tony and Steve from River Creek came to lift out the concrete by the shed - what a huge hole! But their little skid loader just lifted it right out! It was amazing to watch. Those guys are amazing - Mom and I really enjoy seeing them. But, two casualties, the bush by the shed door went with the slab of concrete, and look at our lawn! Oh my... but I talked to Tony about building a ramp up to the shed door, like the side of the house by our obnoxious neighbor. He said he would help fix the grass then, whenever that will be. I will need to brainstorm a temporary ramp to get the lawnmower out of the shed... our grass in places does need cutting this weekend. So, now it is a waiting game until next week. I am thinking by the end of next week it will be pretty much done. Oh - and by the way, the garage is still standing - but just to be sure, my car is on the street for at least one more night. Have a great labor day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment