Well, the house siding is basically done. They cased the doors so they will never have to be painted again. Soffits are being put in tomorrow. My goal is to get the basement painted this weekend - as you can see, the colors do not match. I hope we have great weather. The garage, well, that is another story. Loren, our contractor, noticed how bowed the garage wall is, you know the one that caved in way back when. So, his idea is to brace the wall inside the garage by running 2 x 4's diagonally from the sides to hold it up. Also, the cement slab in front of the shed door, Loren and his worker Cody tried to sledge hammer it out, but it must be about 8 inches deep. It was so hot today that I told them to stop ( I was scared they were going to hurt themselves) - so I called our landscaper Tony to bring the skid loader by tomorrow to try to lift it out. But, I am really nervous that they will push too hard to get it out and oops - there goes the wall. Needless to say, my car is safer on the street tonight, tomorrow, and for the near future until I know the garage is safe. But, if it does cave in, it better do it good so insurance will build us a new one.... Boy, that would be a dream... I would make it 2 1/2 stalls, peak ceiling, a really nice storage area in the shed, inside steps, boy, would that be nice! But, back to my story about the shed wall, they want to put a board behind the slab to even it out with the siding. On the alley side of the garage - look at the boards dad used... they look familiar - were there some leftover boards in the shed at one time? - and did they say "Clark?" I wonder if they will need to be replaced? Also, the window is being removed... Loren said it is shot, and it will take about two weeks to get another one. I told them to skip the window to keep the project moving along. Mom and I are SOOOOOO ready to have this over with... nothing will ever be the same. Bushes smashed... plastic and siding pieces in the grass, garbage everywhere, scratches on the pavers.... And when or if you come to visit - make sure you wear shoes - there are soooo many nails laying around.
No comments:
Post a Comment