Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wednesday, August 8, 2007 5:51 PM


I had sent this e-mail out the day we got home to everyone with the last blog post.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers! We have been blessed. Devin's case of Spina Bifida could have been much worse than what we are currently looking at. Most of the preliminary tests have come back very positive and doctors will continue to monitor all of these things.

I had created this in the hospital and sent it home for Derek to forward, but I don't think everyone got it so I thought I would forward it again with our current up-dates. Devin and I are now home. We came home yesterday evening. They did an Ultrasound yesterday morning on Devin's head and indicated they did not see any Hydrocephalus so we could go home. We go in for another Ultrasound next Tuesday. We will continue to monitor Devin's head at home and go in for Ultrasounds until the doctors feel it is unlikely for him to develop Hydrocephalus. As I understand it, the further we get out from his birthday, the less likely it is. The magic time frame seems to be about 1 month.

We have about 8 different doctors appointment for various doctors next week. One of those is for Devin to have a brace put on to help his 2 hips to grow properly. They originally thought he had one dislocated hip, but determined yesterday that they are both dislocated. It sounds like he will have the brace on for 2-3 months.

No comments: